Tuesday, July 28, 2015

When Plans Change

My plan was to keep G homeschooling. My plan was to allow P to keep making her own choice on where/how she schooled. My plan was to be able to do all these things that I wanted to do.

Life happens. Sometimes plans need to change. G is going to public school this year. I'm beyond dissapointed in myself, for not being able to deal with all the stress of kids, homeschool, house, wife, and taking care of MIL who needed a place to go. I'm dissapointed, but I'm also so excited.

G is excited to try school. He's excited for new friends and new sights, he's excited for the bus and lunch time. He loved picking out a backpack (Batman, with matching detachable lunchbox....it's pretty awesome), he loved picking out his school supplies and comparing lists and supplies with P. He's even excited for school clothes and shoes shopping over the next couple weeks! G, the kid who hates clothes shopping and treats shoes like they'll give him the plague!!

Maybe this is really for the best. He's so happy, and I'm happy to give him this opportunity to try something new. If it doesn't work out, at least he tried and that's enough for me. I just want my kids to be happy and loved, no matter what!

No comments:

Post a Comment