Monday, March 2, 2015

It Isn't Working

We've been unschooling our 5 year old since the public school year started. He's learned a few things, but has pretty much spent every.single.day in front of the T.V. either playing video games or watching YouTube videos of other people playing video games. I decided that unschooling isn't going to work for G. Over 6 months in and he still hasn't self-regulated and shows no signs that he will.
I broke down and started searching for curriculum so that we could try actual homeschooling. A few weeks ago I tried Easy Peasy with him and he loved it...until he just didn't anymore. He got angry that school time meant less video game time and refused to do it anymore. It's beyond frustrating, especially since hubs isn't 100% on board with homeschooling.

I'm not ready to give up, but I'm losing my drive. I'm finding myself more frustrated every day, but I still don't think that public school is best for G. I guess I'll just keep trudging along and hopefully we find something that clicks with him soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment