Most people close to me know that although I say don't want more kids, I really do. I want a large family, I want a freaking Brady Bunch! I want the big, split level 70's era home, the nice yard, and the crazy amount of kids. I want to have these things, but I know that it isn't just going to happen, it's going to take time, it's going to take money...a lot of money. I've come to terms with the fact that it probably won't ever happen, at least I'd thought I had.
Two days ago Hubby asked me if I'd like to use some of our tax refund to have my IUD removed. He knows I'm suffering baby fever and that I'd really, really, like to have another child. I told him no. Even though I very much want to have another child, I told him no. We're a 5 person family in a 3 bed/1 bath duplex. It's a good house, but it's pretty small for us as is. I told him I'd like to know what we're doing, where we're going, before we try to have another. He said he knows where we're going...we're going to get a bigger house when our lease is up. Our current home size is a big part of why I don't want to try for another right now, but there's no guarantee that we could find a house that we love with the space that we need!
His question has been sitting in the back of my mind ever since...did I answer it right? Am I making the right decision in waiting? I won't just be able to change my mind in a few months...I would need to use the tax refund to pay for the IUD removal, which means I would have to wait until next year if I don't do it now. I just don't know...it's a hard decision to make, and I really, really hope I made the right one.